Artist Research - Annie Vought After researching through some of the artists provided on Mosaic and through my own internet searches, I came across the artist Annie Vought. She is an American artist living and working in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her work with paper revolves more around paper-cut pieces than paper-craft, but for the purposes of this research I believe her work is important because it shows the range in capabilities that paper provides. It can be very sturdy and geometric but also extremely delicate and detailed, almost like a fabric. Her work pictured above, titled Gosh I've been here before is a sheet of paper with details cut out of it until it resembles an oversized doily. This piece is titled 1993 , and is a hand cut letter sized paper. I particularly like in this piece how the shadows have been used to create depth and a layered perspective. In a lot of Vought's work, she highlights the traditional use of paper, that is to hold the written word in o...
Comments
Post a Comment